segunda-feira, 2 de setembro de 2013

Interview with Toney LA Tripp, author of “Monica”




HI, TONEY. TELL US A LITTLE ABOUT YOURSELF.
I'm a writer, father, husband, health enthusiast, and in general I can't seem to stop bouncing off the walls.

WHEN DID YOU START WRITING?
When did I start? Wow. I actually, technically started about a decade ago when my wife and I first married and moved away from our family. I wrote a story back then that has never been published. Then about a half-decade ago I got a bit more serious and started writing what's published now.

WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE GENRE AND WHY?
My favorite genre? I can't honestly say I have a favorite genre to write. I've written some humor, some drama, some romance, some hard-core sex, and am dabbling in sci-fi. They each have their exciting moments.

WHO ARE YOUR FAVORITE AUTHORS AND HOW DO THEY INFLUENCE YOUR WRITING?
My favorite author, without a doubt, is Nora Roberts writing as J.D. Robb. It was reading her Naked In Death that inspired me to start writing more seriously. That was literally the first book I'd read in my life that I could not put down. I had never picked up another author that captured me that well. To this day, it's mainly when I read another book by her that it helps to kindle the fire inside to give me more creative ideas for my own stories.

DO YOU PREFER TO WRITE SHORT OR LONG STORIES?
I prefer to write stories that are longer than just one page. Though, I admit, I have a really tough time stretching a story out to the length that Stephen King or others like that do, but I also have a really tough time trying to tell a complete, full story with depth in just one page. So, I don't like messing with short stories. Even the "short stories" I have out, the All Jacked Up series, are really mini episodes in Jack's overall story. They are each one stage of his life and journey. I like to get into each character and it's tough to really dive into their motivations, feelings, dreams, desires, and resolutions in just a short space...and have the reader actually know and feel what's going on.

ABOUT 'MONICA', WHAT'S THE STORY ABOUT?
In it's essence, Monica focuses on one lady that is a part of the cast of Money Talks (continuing story). It's a story that allows the reader to get into the peak of the mind and heart of this one lady and will likely give most readers a completely different perspective on why she is who she is. She's multi-faceted. Most readers will have the impression, at first, that she's manipulative, tough as nails, a seductress, maybe even evil. However, after peeking closer in Monica, most readers will likely be left with another view of this complex woman.

WHAT FEEDBACK ARE YOU GETTING ON THIS STORY?
The feedback that I get, in general, still surprises me to this day. I guess as my own toughest critic, I cringe at knowing either what I left out (and wondering if I left out too much to get the point across) or in general hoping I painted the picture that I wanted to paint. My feedback is usually that readers relate to and love the story and characters...yet as their creator, I know I can do better. Of course, all of us, as artists, have those negative feedbacks, and I like even those because it helps me to see my weaknesses in, hopefully, a new light, and be able to improve on that as well.

WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS FOR THE FUTURE IN WHAT COMES TO WRITING?
My future writing plans include sitting by a bay window, overlooking the ocean, watching nature change from minute to minute, as I sit with my headphones in, music cranked up, and letting the characters and their stories continue to flow out of me. One can dream, right? I plan to keep All Jacked Up going for quite a long time. He has a long story and journey to talk about. I have one more book to finish the series that Monica is from. Then I'm dabbling in other areas, such as the sci-fi. I also have a couple of other stories that I'm playing with. A bit sci-fi, a bit almost religious, and I can probably never leave the hot sex stories completely alone.

WHERE CAN READERS FIND YOU?



Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário