domingo, 22 de abril de 2012

Opinião| Review: “The Journey of the Unknown Path”, Manhardeep Singh Ahluwalia


SINOPSE
A vida é uma viagem desconhecida e misteriosa, que nos oferece diversas experiências. São elas que moldam as nossas personalidades e perspetivas de vida. No curso da vida, as nossas experiências podem ser boas ou más. Embora as boas nos dêem uma sensação de conforto, são as 'más' que nos ensinam verdades sobre a vida. Alguns de nós tornam-se fortes depois de enfrentar as ditas 'más' experiências, enquanto outros simplesmente desistem.
O autor descreveu belamente a jornada de Rama por uma floresta escura e desconhecida, e a jornada Michel através de um túnel escuro e insondado. O que irá Rama aprender na sua viagem? Como lidará com as suas experiências? E Michel? The Journey of the Unknown Path narra as suas experiências fascinantes.
"Ser-lhe-á dado o que é preciso na hora certa na sua jornada e sem que se aperceba disso..."

BLURB
Life is an unknown, mysterious journey that offers us diverse experiences. These experiences mold our personalities and our outlook to life. In the course of life, our experiences can be good or bad. While good experiences give us a sense of comfort, it is the ‘bad’ experiences that truly teach us truths about life. Some of us become strong after facing such ‘bad’ experiences while others simply give up.
The author has beautifully described Rama’s journey through a dark, unknown forest and Michel’s journey through a dark, unknown tunnel. What does Rama learn from his journey? How does he deal with his experiences? What about Michel? The Journey of the Unknown Path narrates their fascinating experiences.
“You will be given what you need at the right time on your journey without you knowing about it...”





CRÍTICA
Li este conto a 18 de Março de 2012. Dou-lhe 3 estrelas.
Em primeiro lugar, congratulo o autor pelos sábios ensinamentos que tentou transmitir, apelando sempre ao lado positivo das coisas. Gostei da história, embora tenha achado as notas do autor no meio do texto um pouco estranhas. Creio que serviam para reforçar a sua mensagem, para que nada se perdesse nem houvesse mal-entendidos. Acabei por me acostumar a elas.
Ao ler este conto, não pude deixar de pensar que o conhecido livro “O Segredo” (de que tanto se ouve falar) talvez seja assim, embora sem a parte “colorida” relacionada com as personagens. Só descobrirei se o ler, lol! Vou ter que o adicionar à minha lista.
Por norma, não costumo gostar muito de histórias curtas, mas se dependesse de mim, encurtava esta ainda mais, pois senti-me ensonada quando terminei. Compreendo o paralelismo que o autor pretende apontar com as duas fases do conto, mas se se tivesse ficado pela primeira, o sentido não se perderia.

REVIEW
I read this short story on March 18, 2012. I rate it 3 stars.
Firstly, I congratulate the author by the wise teachings he tried to convey, appealing always to the positive side of things. I enjoyed the story, although I thought the author notes in the text were a little strange. I think they were there to reinforce his message, so that nothing was lost or misunderstood. Eventually I got used to them.
While reading this story, I couldn’t help thinking that the famous book "The Secret" (that we heard so much about) may be like this, although without the "colored" part related to the characters. I guess I’ll have to read it to find out, lol! I have to add it to my list.
As a rule, usually I’m not  very fond of short stories. But if it were up to me, I’d shortened this even more, because I was sleepy when I finished. I understand the parallels that the author wants to point with the two phases of the tale, but if he had stick to the first, the meaning would not be lost.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário